Posted by on

Travis County Property Tax Protest Deadline May 31, 2012

If you live in Travis County and have been ignoring the tax appraisal notice on your Austin home, hoping it will magically change or go away, it’s time to make a decision on whether you plan to lodge a protest for the amount. Keep in mind that the deadline to appeal it is quickly approaching. The amount of your home’s appraisal is directly related to how much you pay in property taxes. If you think your Austin home has been appraised too high, you have the right to protest. For those who live in Travis County, the deadline is May 31, 2012.

According to a notice released by Travis County Central Appraisal District, only 29 percent of Travis County homeowners have seen an increase in their property assessment, while the other 71 percent either dropped or remained the same.

For more information on the Travis County property tax appraisal protest process, visit Travis County Central Appraisal District website at www.traviscad.org.

Williamson County mailed out its property tax appraisals early this year, and since homeowners have 30 days from the notice date to protest, the appeal deadline has already passed.

Leave a Reply