6 Key Steps in Qualifying an Agent
1. Choose a Full-Time Real Estate Agent
When selling a house or condo, you want to be assured that you’ll get as much out of it as possible because it’s one of your biggest assets. When you realize that a large percentage of realtors only sell part-time, you can begin to understand why we suggest going with a realtor who sells homes full-time. A realtor who works in real estate full-time will typically have a broader network, have more experience closing deals, have more referrals, their reputation will be more established, and they’ll be more likely to have their finger on the pulse of the current market.
2. Verify Experience
When you’re looking for a real estate agent, experience is key. Look at their actual deal history and ask how many homes they’ve listed and how long they have taken to sell. Make sure they’re giving you their actual statistics, not simply giving you statistics for homes that have sold in the area. You also want to be sure that the realtor you hire is a good negotiator.
3. Knows the Area Well
Visit with the agent and ask questions about the neighborhood so that you can assess their knowledge. If they live in the city, they’ll be more likely to have a good handle on how to sell your home, particularly because Austin is so diverse.
4. Sells Properties at Your Price Point
An agent that commonly sells properties in a similar price range to yours are more likely to have the right contacts and referrals for people who are interested in a property like yours.
5. Utilizes a Comprehensive Modern Marketing Program
• Keeps up with market trends and leverages the latest technology
• Savvy on-line marketing
• Has access to potential international buyers, in addition to local ones
• Realizes the impact on the selling price of home presentation and use a professional home staging company to deliver the impact that buyers expect
• Uses professional photography and virtual tours to support the listing
6. Network Strength
The best agent is one that has a strong network of other agents who have potential buyers, and service providers (lenders) to help sell your home for the best possible price.
The York Group of Austin is committed to providing you with the absolute best in real estate consulting and marketing services. We want your experience with us to be so exceptional you will highly recommend us to those closest to you.